The perfect interaction between clone research, variety production and in vitro breeding
Special varieties, so-called strains, are going to completely change the production and application of cannabinoids in medicine and revolutionise things for patients. Those strains which work will later be bred, and it is precisely here that the know-how of Medical Cannabinoids Research & Analysis is to be found.
„Patients and doctors want something that is effective and well-tolerated. This is understandable, and it is their absolute right! Furthermore, pharmaceutical companies want optimal generation of active ingredients and maximum yield for medicinal production. And it is precisely this that we are able to provide through a specific variety development and sterile hemp plant production.“
Managing Director Alexander Kristen
Doctors, pharmacists and pharmaceutical companies want a high consistency of plant know-how and breeding in line with GMP standards for the use of cannabinoids in medicine. Cannabis plants for the production of medicinal products must have a specific composition of active ingredients and satisfy the highest quality standards. The plants must be sterile, free from viruses and parasites, exhibit a high level of purity and must be strictly uncontaminated by pesticides or heavy metals.
The team from Medical Cannabinoids Research & Analysis is aware of these prerequisites and is able to fulfil them on account of many years of experience in the areas of clone research & in vitro propagation, analytical laboratory and variety production.
The professional interaction between clone research and the breeding of hemp plants under high-tech conditions guarantees sterile production and consistent quality. In the company’s own laboratory, the resulting hemp plants are continuously checked for their quality and composition, as well as order analysis conducted on external hemp plants.
An overview of MCRA services:
- Clone research and variety development of cannabis plants for medicine
- The sterile, pesticide- and virus-free breeding of hemp plants by means of in vitro propagation
- Quality analysis of hemp plants and products by means of modern analytical processes (e.g. HPLC-MS, GCMS)
- Development of the CBD strains “CBD 1” (1% THC: 10% CBD) and “CBD 2” (0.1% THC: 20% CBD)
- Production of CBD flowers in accordance with Good Agricultural and Collection Practice (GACP)
- Advice on variety choice and medicinal production